Here's a look back--our top 5 blog posts of all time are worth a first look, and a second look too!
1. The most sought-after blog post, getting twice as many hits as any other blog post, was the very first blog post that staff member Tonya South-Peterson wrote for us! It has resources for how to get eyeglasses if you have Medicaid. With Medicaid, eyeglasses are a covered benefit!
What's more, this blog post is also available in Spanish.
2. The #2 blog post is about how to use Medicaid as secondary insurance. This post has more comments than any other blog post, perhaps because not much has been written for the general public about Medicaid as secondary insurance and it can be a bit complicated. (But not super complicated--it's not too different from having insurance from two employers.)
3. The #3 blog post describes how to find a DHHS caseworker's email and/or phone number. In the coming year, DHHS is planning on moving to a "universal caseworker" system, and most people may not have caseworkers in the traditional sense. But whatever happens, we will keep you posted, and update this post as needed.
4. The #4 post was the #1 post in 2016! Trying to figure out which Medicaid health plans to choose can be tricky. In 2018 there will be some changes, particularly to the dental plan choices of the Medicaid health plans--but we will keep you updated as those changes get closer.
5. Last but not least--the #5 blog post is a must read for people who have small businesses or do contract/consulting work. It's better to start early, tracking your income and expenses, than to start late. If the information is basically the same as last year's, you can use your taxes, but if you are just starting a new business, this may be what you need.
Are you curious about what our top posts were in 2016?
There is some overlap. Read the Top Posts of 2016 here.