The Affordable Care Act. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Obamacare.
It's easy to remember some of the things the Affordable Care Act has done.
- 20 MILLION more people in the U.S. have health insurance.
- In Michigan, over 600,000 people are enrolled in the Medicaid expansion, the Healthy Michigan Plan which includes medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Vaccines are FREE.
- Need help quitting smoking? Nicotine patches and medications are FREE.
- You cannot be denied health care because of a pre-existing condition. It doesn't matter if you have asthma, cancer, or depression--you can still get health insurance.
- Young adults can stay on their parent's health insurance until they are 26.
- Your annual physical (wellness) appointment is FREE.
- For 2017, your out-of-pocket maximum can be no more than $7,150 for an individual plan and $14,300 for a family plan.
- Women don't get charged extra for health insurance, and pregnancy is a covered benefit.
- There are no annual or lifetime limits for insurance.
Have questions? Know someone who needs health care? We Help People - Like You!
Call the WHP at (734) 544-3030
Come see us Monday - Friday between 9am - 4pm. 555 Towner St. Ypsilanti, MI
Want to read more about the impact of the ACA?
Medical geek? From the New England Journal of Medicine, The Affordable Care Act at 5 Years.
Data Geeky? Reform by the Numbers from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.